NEWS AND EVENTS
- Kristina Weber, Animal Biology Ph.D. candidate (left) receives the Frank Baker Memorial Scholarship at the Beef Improvement Association Annual Meeting in Houston
- Qian Wang (Mitloehner lab) won the Vice Chancellor of Research’s Prize for Best Poster, Elizabeth McInnis (Maga lab) was awarded 3rd place, Susie SY Huang awarded 4th place, & Michelle Calvo (Mitloehner lab) Honorable Mention in Research Category. Michelle’s poster also earned first prize “People’s Choice Award” at the Inter-disciplinary Graduate Student Symposium.
- Celebration of Ursula Abbott’s life video available at http:/animalscience.ucdavis.edu/Video/Abbott/
- Maja Makagon & Joy Mench co-author “How can social network analysis contribute to social behavior research in applied ethology?” Applied Animal Behaviour Science 138:152
- Russ Hovey’s research featured as a College of Agricultural & Environmental Science “Impact” caes.ucdavis.edu/NewsEvents/News/Impact/impact-36-advhealth2011.pdf
OUTREACH AND TRAVEL
- Ermias Kebreab, Sara Place, & Frank Mitloehner co-authored the FASS Climate Change Policy Statement
- Our faculty “rock”: one of our new Regent’s Scholars visited campus and ANS faculty (Murray, Ross, Mench) e-mailed her individually with the topic of the lecture for that day and a welcome invitation!