NEWS AND EVENTS
- Plan on attending PICNIC DAY on Apr 18th
- Marla McPherson received two prestigious recognitions for her UCD Interdisciplinary Graduate and Professional Student Symposium presentation: People's choice Award within her session AND Dean's award for best in biological sciences overall
- Russ Hovey Awarded UCD Distinguished Teaching Award. Congratulations!
- Kristan Reed & Ermias Kebreab co-authors on Prediction of nitrogen efficiency in dairy cattle: a review” in CAB Reviews, 10: No. 001.
OUTREACH AND TRAVEL
- Alison Van Eenennaam spoke at The George Washington Carver lecture series “Promoting Global Food Security and Sustainability through Scientific Innovation in Agriculture” at Tuskegee University, Alabama on “Animal Biotechnology and the Livestock Revolution”
- Animal Science faculty met with UCD NPB faculty & colleagues from Tuskegee University, Universities of Alaska-Fairbanks, Minnesota and Nebraska-Lincoln at UCD Bodega Marine Laboratory to refine an NSF Science and Technology Center Grant proposal for “ Mechanisms of Animal Responses to Environmental Stress”
- Alison Van Eenennaam presented at L.A.S.E.R. UC Davis (Leonardo Art Science Evening Rendezvouz) on “Alba, The Fluorescent Bunny”