NEWS AND EVENTS
- Commencements: Graduate students last night, Undergraduate students tomorrow (below is photo from Fall 2010 ANS/ANM students)
- Graduation Reception Tomorrow ~ 4 pm in breezeway
- Plant Science research exonerates livestock grazing in Yosemite Toad decline (CE Specialist Tate)
TEACHING AND VISITORS AND TRAVEL
- Quarter ends!
- Juan Medrano in Denmark
- Peter Robinson June 6-8 East London, South Africa for Large Herds Conference
- National Thoroughbred Racing Association Representative tours Horse Barn
- Ermias Krebreab part of $1 million Conservation Innovation Grants- Greenhouse Gas Award for Innovative Beef and Dairy GHG Emission Reduction Strategies
- Grants submitted in last two weeks:
- Kebreab: USDA FAS “Borlaug International Agricultural Sciences & Technology Fellowship Program”
- Berger: National Pork Board
- Mitloehner co-PI: USDA AFRI
- Lit, Oberbauer, & Famula: NIH R01.
- Maga: Bill and Melinda Gates Fnd.
- Josh Hull coauthor of BMC Evolution Biology paper: “Reduced MHC and neutral variation in the Galapagos hawk, an island endemic.” 5/25/2011