NEWS AND EVENTS
- Huge Thanks to all who made the annual Spring Awards BBQ a success led by Kathryn Raley & team Animal Science Advising Center and the Meats Lab!
- UC Davis Horse Barn student pack team took home the grand prize “World Champion Interscholastic Pack Team”; the Mother Lode Unit (MLU)sponsored team members include Madison Seeley, Erica Falk, Kayla Wigney, & Katie Ott with coaching and support by Andy Assereto (MLU), Joel Viloria (UCD) & Craig London (owner of Rock Creek Pack Station) CONGRATULATIONS!
- Welcome Kevin Bellido to the avian facility! Kevin is an ANS alum. We are sorry to lose Caitlin Green who will be attending veterinary school at The Ohio State and we wish her much good fortune
- Brittany Davis and Anne Todgham co-authored "Effects of high temperatures on threatened estuarine fishes during periods of extreme drought" in the Journal of Experimental Biology
- Wiefang Wang, Seunghyung Lee, Silas Hung, & Dong-Fang Deng author “Responses of heat shock protein 70 and caspase-3/7 to dietary selenomethionine in juvenile white sturgeon” published in Animal Nutrition
OUTREACH AND TRAVEL
- Alison Van Eenennaam presenting “Use of GMOs in Animal Agriculture Production” at the California Cattlemen’s Field Day
- Jennifer Chen presented "Cooling dairy cows efficiently with water: effects of
- sprinkler flow rate on behavior and body temperature" at the Dairy Cattle Welfare Symposium: Intersection of Best Practices and Sustainability, held at the Ohio State University
- Alison Van Eenennaam will be speaking as a Future Makers in Biotech winner at the 2016 BIO International Convention