NEWS AND EVENTS
- Retirement celebration for Steven Berry & Jim Millam; thanks to Estefany for organizing and for all who attended
- Six Regents Scholars accepted admission to UCD ANS major
OUTREACH AND TRAVEL
- Roberto Sainz hosted UC Davis Chancellor & team at EMBRAPA last week
- Joel Viloria, Dan Sehnert & 11 students from the Horse Barn represented UC Davis at Bishop Mule Days May 23rd – 28th; see photos below for more info.
- Frank Mitloehner guest speaker at University of Maryland’s Department of Animal and Avian Sciences
- ANS sheep show team consigned and sold 2 rams at the Cloverdale Ram sale & at the Spring Lamb sale sold 12 lambs to local youth.
- Steven Berry & Abbas Ahamdi coauthor “Cumulative Trauma Disorders Among California Veterinarians” American Journal of Industrial Medicine 2012 (epub).
- Pablo Ross & Jan Roser awarded Center for Equine Health grant entitled “Derivation of equine embryonic stem cells”
- Kyra Otis-Heirich, mentored by Ed DePeters, awarded the President’s Undergraduate Fellowship
- Russ Hovey awarded the 2012 Outstanding Faculty Adviser Award from the students in Animal Science
- “Were Those the Days, My Friend” video by Alison Van Eenennaam, Kristina Weber, Ramona Swenson & Kevin Au wins first-ever American Society of Animal Science Video Competition.