NEWS AND EVENTS
- Clayton Neumeier quoted in ASAS Animal Frontiers: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/07/130701163939.htm
- UC ANS Goats make a name at the National American Dairy Goat Association Show: National Toggenburg winner, Sire of winning Saanen kids
- Joyce Fernandez accepts SAO position with Bio Sciences. Congratulations & Best Wishes!
- Thanks to ALL who helped with transfer advising (96 students!): Kathryn Jackson & Emma Martinez, Sydney Westbrook, Ed DePeters, Jim Fadel, Tom Famula, Russ Hovey, Anita Oberbauer, & Cassandra Tucker
- Alison Van Eenennaam & Lab wins ASAS video competition with “Gene Shop” entry. Second year in row Van E lab wins!
- Jennifer Brennan & Jim Millam coauthor “2,3-cis-2R,3R-(-)-epiafzelechin-3-O-p-coumarate, a novel flavan-3-ol isolated from Fallopia convolvulus seed, is an estrogen receptor agonist in human cell lines” in BMC Complementary & Alternative Medicine 13:133. DOI: 10.1186/1472-6882-13-133
- Mike Miller coauthor of “Evaluating adaptive divergence between migratory and non-migratory ecotypes of a salmonid fish, Oncorhynchus mykiss” in G3: Genes, Genomes, Genetics. doi: 10.1534/g3.113.006817
OUTREACH AND TRAVEL
- Alison Van Eenennaam, Kristina Weber, Richard Zinn, Ermias Kebreab, Jim Oltjen, Roberto Sainz attending the Joint ASAS/ADSA meeting in Indianapolis..More info next week!
- Francine Bradley busy offering Game Fowl Health Assurance Refresher and/or training courses in Santa Maria, American Canyon (two), Lodi, Tulare, & Hesperia
- Jennie Hughes received a a Larry Ewing Memorial Trainee Travel Fund award to present at the Society for the Study of Reproduction annual meeting in Montreal
- Cole B hosted twenty 12-year-old girls from Tech Trek Science Camp on a tour the Small Animal Colony; they learned about mouse husbandry & handling, much of which was done by flashlight after a circuit breaker blew plunging the animal room into darkness.