NEWS AND EVENTS
- Grace Berryhill receives NIH Pre-doctoral Research Fellowship!
- “California Franchise Cadence” Toggenburg bred by UC Davis was just verified as appraising EX94—only the 6th Am Dairy Goat Assoc Goat in history to appraise that high
- Welcome Rachel Conway who will be starting at the Goat Barn on Monday!
- Thanks to those who helped with Freshman Orientation: Kathryn Jackson, Emma Martinez, Naomi Cholst, Lisa Homes, Kathleen Furtado, Marissa Bothwell, Ed DePeters, Tom Famula, Jim Fadel, Russ Hovey, Jim Murray, Anita Oberbauer, & Roberto Sainz
- Angela Cánovas, Gonzalo Rincon, Alma Islas-Trejo, & Juan Medrano coauthors of “Multi-Tissue Omics Analyses Reveal Molecular Regulatory Networks for Puberty in Composite Beef Cattle” in PLoS One
- Anita Oberbauer co-author of “Effects of Sex, Breed, Callipyge Phenotype, and Docked Tail Length on Rectal Prolapse in Lambs” in Sheep & Goat Research Journal
- Andrea Schreier’s proposal "Do California highways act as barriers to gene flow for ground-dwelling mammals?" funded by UC Davis Caltrans National Center for Sustainable Transportation
- Amy Welsh , Melinda Baerwald, & Bernie May co-author " The effect of multiple spawning events on cohort genetic diversity of lake sturgeon (Acipenser fulvescens) in the Kaministiquia River" in Environmental Biology of Fishes
- Scott Brandl, Bernie May, & Melinda Baerwald co-author " Ten real-time PCR assays for detection of fish predation at the community level in the San Francisco Estuary-Delta" in Molecular Ecology Resources
OUTREACH AND TRAVEL
- Marla McPherson, Huaijun Zhou, Matthew Warren & Tae Kim attended the Avian Immunology Research Group meeting in Guelph Canada
- Huaijun Zhou & Ying Wang gave talks at ISAG meeting in Xi'An, China; Huaijun chaired the Genetics of Immune Response and Disease Resistance Workshop
- Ermias Kebreab, Anita Oberbauer, Alison Van Eenennaam, Jim Oltjen, Frank Mitloehner, Clayton Neumeier, Carlyn Peterson, Elizabeth Schusterman, Mat Cohen, Samantha Werth & others attended the Joint Animal Science & Dairy Science meetings in Kansas City.
- Frank Mitloehner gave keynote talk at the Merck 2014 Calf Raisers Business Summit in Santa Barbara
- Alison Van Eenennaam presented “Genetically Modified Organisms and Livestock Feed (ruminants)” at the 7th Annual Cross Border Livestock Health Conference/ 2014 Pacific Northwest Economic Region 24th Annual Summit held in Whistler, British Columbia
- Richard Blatchford gave a webinar for eXtension on Normal poultry behavior and dealing with behavioral problems in small and backyard flocks