NEWS AND EVENTS
- Mark Rubio recognized by the State Department of Pesticide Regulation for his role in their study of flood irrigation & pesticide runoff.
- ANS Horse Barn video featured on campus homepage!
- Francine Bradley judged Market Poultry and Avian Bowl at the Orange County Fair becoming the longest reigning judge at 17 consecutive years!
- Grace Tobias, ANS undergrad, won Miss California Rodeo Salinas, & is new YCA president
- ANS Goat Barn at the State Fair: Best Marketing; Best Herdsman; Best Educational Display; & Ch & Reserve Ch Recorded Grades. Kudos to Jan Carlson, Lindsey Freeman. Shayna Allison, Alex Dimas, Monica Van Klompenberg, Merritt Clark & Romeo Capell—all instrumental.
- Alison Van Eenennaam coauthor of “Genome-wide association study of concentrations of iron and other minerals in longissimus muscle of Angus cattle” in J Anim Science (July)
OUTREACH AND TRAVEL
- Alison Van Eenennaam presented “GM animals: what are the issues, what's in the pipeline, and what are the risks?” at the Annual Meeting of the Institute of Food Technologists (IFT) in Chicago
- Francine Bradley, Joy Mench, Huaijun Zhou, Mary Delany, Kirk Klasing, Giuseppe Vezzoli, Rachel Kurzbard attending Poultry Science Association Meetings in San Diego
- Francine Bradley taught two Game Fowl Health Assurance Refresher Courses in Escondido CA
- Dana Van Liew attended an event with CAES Alumni from the 70's at Alumnus Gerry Rominger's mountain retreat in Mineral California & gave a UCD-CAES-ANS Bullet Presentation and directed a brief Q and A session focusing on change since the 70's.