NEWS AND EVENTS
- Thanks to the following for making Freshman Orientation a Success: Ed DePeters, Jim Fadel, Tom Famula, Anita Oberbauer, Chris Calvert, Jim Murray, Joan Chandler, Jeff Johnson, Sharon Kim, Arielle Hines, Lynn Martindale, Emma Martinez Grace Dell’olio, Lisa Holmes, & Sarah Warren
- ANS majors will have 299 new students entering this fall
- Eric Thompson moved to the 2nd floor Food Chain Admin purchasing cluster
- Frank Mitloehner speaker at Novus University Day at the St. Louis Zoo focused on Fostering Welfare in Livestock Production
- 2011 State Fair Goat wins:
- UCD Goat Students:1st place Herdsman award, Best Educational Display, 1st place Marketing, 1st place Product Promotion.
- UCD Goat Awards: Recorded Grade show: Jr. & Sr. Champion, Best & Reserve Best udder, 1st place Dairy Herd,1st place Best 3 Females, Premier Exhibitor, Premier Breeder, & Total Performer. Key players in earning these awards: Romeo Capell, Monica Van Klompenberg, Merritt Clark, Nicole Breuner, Asha Miles, Desiree Lavilla, Margery Magill, & Jan Carlson
- Francine Bradley offering guidance for New Exotic Newcastle disease outbreak in Mexicali
- Francine Bradley judged the Market Poultry classes & Avian Bowl at the Orange County Fair in So. Cal.
- Peter Robinson editor and author of a special issue in Animal Feed Science Technology: “Greenhouse Gases in Animal Agriculture– Finding a balance between food production and emissions.” volumes 166-167
- Pablo Ross coauthor on “Generation of Leukemia Inhibitory Factor and Basic Fibroblast Growth Factor-Dependent Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells from Canine Adult Somatic Cells” in Stem Cells Dev doi:10.1089/scd.2011.0127
TRAVEL AND VISITORS
- PSA meetings in St Louis: Joy Mench also attended
- Dr Francisco Mesias, Assoc Professor University of Extremadura, Spain, visiting Jim Oltjen for 1.5 months
- Alison Van Eenennaam presented the John Vercoe memorial lecture at the AAABG (Association of Animal Breeding and Genetics) conference in Perth, Australia last week