NEWS AND EVENTS
- Two new additions: Lia added to the Kebreab household (photo below) and Hurley joining the Makagon-Stuart household. Congratulations!
- Curt Finley, dept alum, won 2 blue ribbons at the County Fair for brownies & travel photography
- Nadia Swanepoel & Peter Robinson co-authors on “Rumen microbial protein flow and plasma amino acid concentrations in early lactation multiparity Holstein cows fed commercial rations, and some relationships with dietary nutrients” in Livestock Science
OUTREACH AND TRAVEL
- Frank Mitloehner gave a talk to 500 dairymen about “Silage management and related environmental concerns” in Harbin, the main dairy area of China
- Emma Martinez, Katherine Livingston, Kathryn Jackson, Lisa Holmes & Jim Murray toured Genentech in Dixon to learn about career opportunities for undergraduate students from the Department of Animal Science