NEWS AND EVENTS
- Alison Van Eenennaam spearheaded hosting the Applied Reproductive Strategies in Beef Cattle (ARSBC) conference here at UCD. Ably assisted by Amy Young & many members of the organizing committee. Speakers included Alison, Pablo Ross, & Catalina Cabrera. Thanks to the Meat Lab crew led by Caleb Sehnert, Farm crew, the horse barn led by Joel Viloria, & Dan Sehnert for making the dinner a superb event.
- Richard Blatchford & Joy Mench coauthor “The utilization of the Welfare Quality Assessment for determining laying hen condition across three housing systems” in Poultry Science
OUTREACH AND TRAVEL
- Fred Conte attended the 145 Annual Meeting of the American Fisheries Society in Portland Oregon and gave an invited presentation in a Special Session- Ethics in Aquaculture & Fisheries Management titled: Animal Welfare Ethics in Fisheries Enhancement, Aquaculture and Recreational Fishing
- Richard Blatchford gave a talk on behavioral management of backyard flocks at the California Poultry Federation's Backyard Poultry Workshop in Pomona, CA
- Russ Hovey & Josie Trott undertaking research at the University of Sydney, Australia