NEWS AND EVENTS
- Gwyn Carnegie is moving to Office of Sponsored Programs; her last day is today. We wish her well in her new position!
- Congratulations to Alisha Nork on her marriage; officiated by Chris Calvert
- MORE 2011 State Fair Goat wins: UCD dairy goat display won the Best Educational Display for the entire fair over all livestock species. Key people for the display: Romeo Capell, Monica Van Klompenberg, Merritt Clark, Nicole Breuner, Asha Miles, Desiree Lavilla, Margery Magill, & Jan Carlson
- Meat lab featured in the Davis Enterprise: “From field to fork: Turn a hungry eye to rib eye”
- Jackie Pisenti significantly contributed to the COSMOS program, a 4-week summer residential program for high achieving math and science students in grades 9-12.
TRAVEL AND VISITORS
- Ermias Kebreab presented at the 3rd International Sustainable Animal Agriculture Conference, in Nakhon Ratchasima, Thailand.
- Juan Medrano hosted the Third International Blast2GO course in Automated Functional Annotation & Data Mining (July 26-28) held on campus with 24 participants from UCDavis, several US Universities, Brazil, Mexico and Saudi Arabia.
- Dept hosting Transgenic Animal Research Conference starts Sunday at Tahoe. Jim Murray, Elizabeth Maga, Pablo Ross, Alison Van Eenennaam, participating
- Tom Famula coauthor of “Inheritance of cerebellar abiotrophy in Arabians.” Am J Vet Res 72:940
- Kirk Klasing coauthor of Domestic cats convert [(2) H(8) ]-β-carotene to [(2) H(4) ]-retinol following a single oral dose. J Anim Physiol Anim Nutr July
- Ernie Chang coauthor of “Regulation of crustacean molting: a review and our perspectives” Gen Comp Endocrinol 172:323