NEWS AND EVENTS
- Holland Dougherty received a JBF National Scholars West award. Congratulations!
- Matthias Hess awarded a Hellman fellowship that offers financial encouragement for the research of promising assistant professors who exhibit potential for great distinction in their research— Congratulations!
- Ermias Kebreab awarded a California Dairy Research Foundation Environmental project entitled “Impact of California Dairy Industry Over 50 Years”
- Josie Trott, Grace Berryhill & Russ Hovey co-author "Inhibiting tryptophan metabolism enhances interferon therapy in kidney cancer" in Oncotarget
OUTREACH AND TRAVEL
- Alison Van Eenennaam gave two presentations “Navigating the world of genetic testing” & “New developments in selection for replacement heifers, disease resistance and other economically relevant traits” at the 2016 Texas Beef Cattle Short Course held in College Station, TX
- Caleb Sehnert & Dan Sehnert attended the American Association of Meat Processors in Omaha, Nebraska: Caleb represented UCD & The California Assoc of Meat Processors and Dan judged the American Cured Meats Contest
- Action Jackson’s offspring, Action’s Shinanigan – bred, foaled and sold at the ANS Horse Barn – completed the 61st Annual Tevis Cup. It is the most challenging endurance race in the world and covers 100 miles in one day. 172 entries started & only 52% completed representing 10 countries & 19 US states.
- Alison Van Eenennaam presented “What is a GMO?” to the Sonoma County Alliance which has taken an opposing stance to the upcoming initiative on the November Ballot to ban the cultivation of GMOs in Sonoma County