NEWS AND EVENTS
- Skype online communications info can be found at http://animalscience.ucdavis.edu/help/Skype/Skype.pdf
- Appraisal reports due to Estefany by Aug 14!
- Frank Mitloehner presenting , “The Air We Breathe: Air Issues Associated with Animal Agriculture - a North American Perspective,” for Council for Agricultural Science and Technology (CAST) on 9/19 (www.castscience.org)
- Alison Van Eenennaam spoke at Applied Reproductive Strategies in Beef Cattle conference
- Iwate Agricultural Junior College visitors toured the ANS Dairy, Swine, Horse, Feedlot, Meat facilities. Thanks to the students and facility managers for making this another successful representation of UCD and ANS!
- Animal Science PI’s increased overall submissions for grants by 11% for the 2010-11 year & had a 56% success rate.
- Jim Murray & Alison Van Eenennaam presenting at the 1st International Workshop on the Food and Environmental Safety Assessment of Genetically Modified animals, Argentina
- Tom O’Hare & Mary Delany author “Molecular and Cellular Evidence for the Alternative Lengthening of Telomeres (ALT) Mechanism in Chicken.” Cytogenet Genome Res. Aug 2011
- Deanne Meyer, Trish Price, Peter Robinson, Jim Fadel, Ed DePeters co-author “Survey of dairy housing and manure management practices in California.” J Dairy Science Sept 2011
TRAVEL AND VISITORS
- Juan Medrano visiting Norway & Denmark for research collaborations