NEWS AND EVENTS
- Animal Science animals & facilities highlighted on the UCD homepage www.ucdavis.edu/ucdavis-today/2014/september/10-animals-on-campus.html?cp=1
- Alison Van Eenennaam filmed with Oscar-nominated director Scott Hamilton Kennedyfor 7 hours on Thursday for his upcoming full length documentary on the future of food (http://futurefood2050.com/behind-the-scenes-with-scott-hamilton-kennedy) to be released at Sundance Film Festival in 2016.
- Saumya Wickramasinghe, Angela Cánovas, Gonzalo Rincón, Juan Medrano co-authors of “RNA-Sequencing: A tool to explore new frontiers in animal genetics” in Livestock Production Science
- Juan Medrano co-author of “Zebrafish as Animal Model for Aquaculture Nutrition Research” in Frontiers Genetics
OUTREACH AND TRAVEL
- Gabrielle Simon attended the International Conference on the Assessment of Animal Welfare at the Farm and Group Level in Clermont-Ferrand, France & received 3rd place for her poster presentation (out of 165 posters)
- Alison Van Eenennaam spoke at the Salinas rotary club 9/9 on ““Myths & Realities of GE Food”
- Frank Mitloehner spoke at the "Feeding the Planet" meeting held at UCD
- Francine Bradley has been busy these past few weeks. She judged Poultry Showmanship during Junior Poultry Show at the Orange County Fair, taught Game Fowl Health Assurance Continuing Education course in Costa Mesa, Palm Springs, & Escondido and hosted an Avian Bowl Invitational in Woodland with participants from Shasta, Yolo, Stanislaus, Merced & Contra Costa counties
- Frank Mitloehner spoke at the AFIA Liquid Feed Symposium in New Orleans, presenting "Doing What Matters - Connecting Academic Firepower with Industry Needs"