NEWS AND& EVENTS
- Classes start next week!
- Maja Makagon received the International Society of Applied Ethology new investigator award! The award recognizes early career scientific excellence and/or exceptional aptitude in applied ethology
- Joel Van Eenennaam and Serge Doroshov co-authors on “The effect of white sturgeon ovarian fat deposition on caviar yield and nutritional quality: introducing an image processing method for sturgeon ovary fat determination” in Int Aquat Res
OUTREACH AND TRAVEL
- Bob Sainz participated in the Agricultural Innovation Marketplace Forum in Brasilia
- Huaijun Zhou & David Bunn held annual program meeting for the Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Genomics to Improve Poultry held third annual program meeting in Sokoine University of Agriculture, Morogoro, Tanzania
- Frank Mitloehner in Yangling China presenting on "Livestock's Impact on Air Quality and Climate Change” at the College of Animal Science at North West Agriculture and Forestry University & conducting collaborative research on "Nutritional greenhouse gas mitigation in dairy cows"
- Cass Tucker & Jennifer Chen attended the International Society for Applied Ethology 2015 conference in Sapporo, Japan. Cass presented a plenary lecture entitled “Assessing animal welfare: the US perspective” and Jennifer presented “Cooling dairy cows efficiently with water: Effects of sprinkler flow rate on behavior and body temperature”