Check List for Scholars and Scientists
- See Kelly Wade (2223C Meyer) for paper work
- See Eric Thompson (2251 Meyer) for office assignment and keys
- See Romeo Capell (1259 Meyer) for department intranet access
- See Romeo Capell (1259 Meyer) for laptop set up and picture taking
- See Abbas Ahmadi (1257 Meyer) for department webpage posting
- For International Post-Doc and Visiting Scholar you need to check-in with SISS and attend Orientations
Check List for Faculty and CE Sponsor
- Apply UCD moobilenet, UCD e-mail address, and/or Animal Science access.
- If your Post-Doc or Visiting Scholar needs to work with animals, she/he needs to attend the Animal Care & Use 101 by EH&S.
The new Post-Doc and Visiting Scholar can work with animals right away but she/he needs to complete the class within a month. If your Post-Doc and Visiting Scholar is not paid by you or the University, she/he is not considered as an employee, and you will need to call EH&S Front Desk (2-1493) to get a dummy ID number for her/him to enroll in the class.
- If your Post-Doc and Visiting Scholar need to work in a chemical lab she/he needs to attend Chemical/Laboratory Safety class EH&S.
The new Post-Doc and Visiting Scholar can work in your chemical lab right away but she/he needs to complete the class within a month. If your Post-Doc and Visiting Scholar is not paid by you or the University, she/he is not considered as an employee, and you will need to call EH&S Front Desk (2-1493)to get a dummy ID number for her/him to enroll in the class.
Information Provided by IT unit on How to Apply for E-mail Accounts
If someone who is not being paid while at the university wants to get a campus account they will need to do the following. The most common reasons someone would want to get a campus account are 1) to get a UCD e-mail address or 2) to be able to use the moobilenet wireless network. Someone who is being paid can also do the following process if they want to expedite the creation of their account. This process is described in more detail on Taf.
- Their sponsor should go to Computing accounts and log on with their Kerberos password and click on Create a TAF. This will bring up a form that can be used to start the process of creating their account. Once this form is complete and they agree to the sponsor’s agreement, an e-mail is sent to the applicant.
- The applicant should check their e-mail and go to the link in the e-mail message to complete the TAF form. When they have completed their section of the form an e-mail message will be sent back to the sponsor.
- The sponsor should check their e-mail and click the link in the e-mail message. They should select an approver for the TAF (probably Shannon Tanguay ). Shannon will approve the application and an E-mail message will be sent to the applicant. At this point they can continue on in the instructions where the paid employees start (below).
If someone is being paid by the university and wants to get a campus account they will need to fill out their new-hire paperwork in the main office. When that is completed and processed by Berkeley (usually 1 to 3 days later) they can do the following.
- Go to Computing accounts
- Select “Get your UC Davis Computing Account"
- Click on Begin in the lower right corner of the screen
- Follow the instructions for creating your UCD computing account. Your account should be ready to use the following day.