NEWS & EVENTS
- The 50th California Net Energy System Symposium will be held next week, September 12 —September 14 on the UC Davis campus.
- Mandi Finger wrote a section about the Paiute Cutthroat Trout in the chapter about the Lahontan cutthroat trout evolutionary lineage in a new book titled “Cutthroat Trout Evolu-tionary Profiles” published by the American Fisheries Society.
- Kirk Klasing published “Innate immunity and environmental correlates of Haemoproteus prevalence and intensity in an opportunistic breeder” in Parasitology.
- Yanhong Liu published “Supplementation of different fat sources affects growth perfor-mance and carcass composition of finishing pigs” in Journal of Animal Science and Biotech-nology.
OUTREACH & TRAVEL
- Mandi Finger and Ann Holmes traveled to the national American Fisheries Society in Atlantic City to pre-sent their research on “Environmental DNA (eDNA) protocol development for a rare fish in a turbid estu-ary” and “Evidence of Domestication selection in Delta Smelt Despite genetic management”.