NEWS & EVENTS
- Welcome to Brittany Cavaletto, our new Goat Barn Manager!
- The USAID funded Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Genomics to Improve Poultry has been approved for another 5 years. The program will be led by Huaijun Zhou in collaboration with Iowa State University, University of Ghana, Sokoine University Agriculture, and International Livestock Research Institute.
- Amy McLean was an invited speaker for the 2nd Annual International Donkey Science Conference in China and presented “Can scientists influence donkey welfare: assessing pain and quality of life”.
OUTREACH & TRAVEL
- Ph.D. student Karen Tracy and African students from Genomics to Improve Poultry Innovation Lab pre-sented their work at the Avian Immunology meeting at University of Oxford.
- Maja Makagon led a study abroad program on Equine Management and Welfare (ANS 198) in collabora-tion with faculty from the University of Rzeszow, Poland.
- Yanhong Liu published “Spray-dried plasma attenuates inflammation and lethargic behav-iors of pregnant mice caused by lipopolysaccharide” in PLoS ONE.