How to Use the System
The Projector Control is installed on the wall next to the podium. This is where you control the LCD projector and volume. Next to the Projector Control is the Screen Control, which can be used to lower and raise the screen . An instruction sheet on how to use the Projector Control and Screen Control is posted on the wall and is also available online.
The lectern, in the front of the room, is fitted with a cable cubby (black box on top towards the back right), where all the cables for a laptop connection are stored. It contains one power outlet, VGA cable, audio cable, and Ethernet cable.
Built-in Desktop Computer
The lectern is fitted with a built-in desktop computer.
The classroom is fitted with a ceiling mounted Panasonic PT-VX430U Projector with 4,500 lumens of brightness, 15000:1 contrast ratio, 7,000 hours of lamp life, XGA (1024 x 768) resolution, and 4:3 aspect ratio.
The screen is a Da-Lite 40782 Cosmopolitan Electrol Projection Screen - 60x80" - 100" Diagonal - Video Format (4:3 Aspect Ratio) - Matte White Mfr # 40782
Eduroam and campus guest wifi are available.
LCD Projector Maintenance:
Replacement Panasonic ET-LAV300 Lamp
MFR # ET-LAV300
Replacement Panasonic ET-RFV300 Filter
MFR # ET-RFV300
Document Camera Maintenance:
Replacing the Lamp
Lamp for Portable model VZ 5,7, & 8 series. WolfVision part # 100040
Lamp type: High Frequency Lamp 9W at 10,000 hours average burning life
- Remove the power cord of the Visualizer
- Open the cover screw by using a coin
- Turn down the lamp inclusive lamp cover
- Change the lamp Place the new lamp very carefully into the socket . CAUTION: LAMP CAN BE HOT!
- Mount the lamp cover in reverse order (3 to 1).
Cleaning the Unit
Cabinet: Clean the cabinet by gently wiping it with a soft, lint free cloth.
Lenses: Clean the lenses by gently wiping with a soft, lint free cloth (do not use a paper tissue!). Clean by breathing on the lens to create moisture then wipe with lint free cloth. If need be, use a special optical cleaner only.
Warning: Never use strong cleaning agents such as acetone or benzene! These substances can damage the surface and the anti-reflex coating!
- 05/05/ 2019: We upgraded the Audio/Visual system in this classroom. We kept the existing computer, document camera, and DVD/VCR player, but replaced the projector, controller, switcher, amplifier and speakers.
- 05/05/2119: the old projector, the old controller, the old amplifier, and old speakers are kept as spare parts.
- 05/21/2018: Panasonic PT-VX430 Projector was sent to Panasonic for warranty repair of HDMI-1 and HDMI-2 ports.
- 08/03/2010: Hitachi Projector lamp was replaced (ANSCI)
- 11/05/2014: Hitach Projector lamp was replaced (ANSCI)