- Instructions on how to use the Audio Video System
- Instructions on how to use the Adobe Connect Media Cart
- Instructions on how to use the Skype Media Cart
- Instructions on how to use the projector as a second monitor
The Foster Room is a conference room in 1138 Meyer Hall that is shared by three UC Davis CA&ES departments (Animal Science, Environmental Toxicology, and Nutrition). The room was donated by Foster Farms in memory of Paul E. Foster. Please contact your department to check out keys to the room/lecturn. Information on the equipment available in the room is given below.
The Foster Room may be reserved by calling Animal Science at 752-1250 or Nutrition at 752-4645. Current availability can be viewed on the Foster Room online reservation calendar (to view the calendar with Internet Explorer 11, open the calendar, tap or click on the Tools button (looks like a gear) and go to Compatibility View Settings, click on Add, then Close).
If your laptop is configured for DHCP and your Ethernet card address is registered for the campus network, then you should be able to connect, boot, and go. Otherwise, below is static IP setting information that can be used in the Foster Room.
To register your laptop, technically caled "Ethernet Registration", please visit the following website:
Data NAMS Foster Room
NAM# 701117 MEYER-COMM-1 in 1138A
NAM# 700863 MEYER-COMM-1 in 1138
NAM# 716747 MEYER-COMM-1 in 1138
VoIP Phone Port
Users may connect a campus VoIP phone to network port #744105 on the west wall. The phone number for the Animal Science Checkout VoIP conference phone is 530-754-4908.
Extron PoleVault Digital System
Extron PoleVault® Digital Systems are complete, easy-to-use AV switching and control systems that seamlessly integrate digital and analog video sources. Each system uses economical twisted pair cable for transmitting signals and includes network connectivity for Web-based AV resource management, monitoring, and control. These standard systems include all the necessary audio and video switching, audio amplification, system control, source connectivity, speakers, mounting hardware, and cabling for a complete classroom AV solution. All that remains is to add the display device and sources.
- PMK 560 Pole Mount Kit Installation Guide
- PoleVault Digital Systems Installation Guide (featuring the PVS 407D)
- PVS 407D PoleVault Digital Switcher User's Guide
- Download Global Configurator Program
- Download Global Configurator Data File (right click and save)
- Global Configurator User's Guide
- Instructions on how to configure the projector control
This room is equiped with an Epson PowerLite 1985WU WUXGA Wireless 3LCD Projector.
Projection System: High-aperture Epson 3LCD, 3-chip technology
Native Resolution: WUXGA (1920 x 1200)
Color Brightness: 4800 lumens
White Brightness: 4800 lumens
This room is equiped with a built-in desktop computer (DELL Optiplex 7040 Mini Tower) with 16 GB of memory, Intel Core i7 Quad Core 3.46 GHz processor, a 256 GB Solid State hard drive, an AMD Radeon R7 350X video card, a DVD optical disk drive, and Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit operating system.
- 6 USB 3.0 (2 front/4 rear-1 with PowerShare)
- 4 USB 2.0 (2 front/2 rear-1 front with PowerShare)
- 1 Internal USB 3.0 with smart power on
- 1 RJ-45
- 1 P2/Serial
- 2 Display Port 1.2
- 1 HDMI
- 1 UAJ
- 1 Line-out
- 1 VGA (optional)
- 1 full height PCIe x16
- 1 full height PCIe x16 (wired x 4)
- 1 full height PCIe x1
- 1 full height PCI
- 1 M.2 (22x80mm)
Height: 13.8" (35 cm) x Width: 6.1" (15.4 cm) x Depth: 10.8" (27.4 cm)
Weight: 8 Kg (17.62 lbs)
The podium is equipped with an Extron Cable Cubby with VGA, audio, and network cables. There is also an adaptor ring with the following adapters:
- HDMI to VGA
- Mini HDMI to VGA
- Micro HDMI To VGA
- USB-C to VGA
- Mini DisplayPort to VGA
This room is equiped wirth a digital Toshiba DVR620 DVD/VCR Combo, Model DVR620-SB.
This room is equiped wirth a digital WolfVision VZ-8light4, Desktop Visualizer.
This room is fitted with a DA-LITE Tesion Cosmopolititan Electrol screen.
Skype Media Cart
The Skype media cart consists of the following components
- Cart: Safco Products 8927BL Projector AV Stand, Black
- Microphone: MXL AC404 USB Conference Microphone
- Web Cam: Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920, Widescreen, 1080p
- Tripod: Sony Compact Remote Control Tripod, Model MFR # VCTVPR1. The webcam is mounted on this tripod.
- USB Extension Cable: Plugable 5 Meter (16 Foot) USB 2.0 Active Extension Cable Type A Male to A Female. This extension cable is used for the conference microphone.
- USB over CAT5e: Hall Research U2-160-4 USB 2.0 on Cat6 Extender Kit with Hub. This cable is used to connect the Skype media cart to the podium desktop computer. The U2-160-4 is a USB 2.0 extender with built-in 4-Port Hub in the remote end for connection of up to 4 USB devices. The extender sends USB signals across a CAT5e/6 cable up to 50 meters at data rates to 480 Mbps. In most applications no additional power supply connection is needed as power is drawn from the host and sent through the CAT5e/6 cable. A universal power supply is included for use with power hungry USB devices.
Adobe Connect Media Cart
The Adobe Connect media cart consists of the following components
- Cart: Luxor Presentation Station, 40"H x 18"W x 30"D, Walnut Item # 534566
- Laptop: The media cart is fitted with a DELL Latitude 3570 laptop, with 8 GB of memory, an Intel® Core™ i7 Processor (4M Cache, 2.50 GHz), a NVIDIA GeForce video card, a 256 GB Solid State drive, and Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit operating system.
2 x USB 3.0
SD 3.0 Memory Card Reader
- Microphone: The microphone system consists of the following components:
- Receiver: Shure BLX1288/CVL Dual Channel Combo Wireless System with PG58 Handheld and CVL Lavalier Microphone, J10
- Mixer: Shure SCM268 4-Channel Microphone Mixer, 6 Transformers, Phantom Power and IEC Power Cord Connector
- Adapter: Shure X2U XLR-to-USB Signal Adapter
- Cables: GLS Audio 6ft Patch Cable Cords - XLR Male To XLR Female Color Cables - 6' Balanced Snake Cord - 6 PACK
- Case: STUDIOCASE Travel Handheld Dual ( 2 ) Microphone Hard Case With Foam
- Camera: HuddleCamHD-10X-G2 USB 3.0 PTZ 1080p Video Conference Camera - Gray
- Tripod: Sony Compact Remote Control Tripod, Model MFR # VCTVPR1. The HuddleCam is mounted on this tripod.
- USB over CAT5e: Hall Research U2-160-4 USB 2.0 on Cat6 Extender Kit with Hub.This cable is used to connect the Adobe Connect media cart to the podium desktop computer. The U2-160-4 is a USB 2.0 extender with built-in 4-Port Hub in the remote end for connection of up to 4 USB devices. The extender sends USB signals across a CAT5e/6 cable up to 50 meters at data rates to 480 Mbps. In most applications no additional power supply connection is needed as power is drawn from the host and sent through the CAT5e/6 cable. A universal power supply is included for use with power hungry USB devices.
You should contact your individual department for technical support in the Foster Room:
Dave Booton (530 400-9678, 4148 Meyer, email@example.com)
Meyer Hall Common Space
Barbara Jean Nitta-Oda (530 752-7142, firstname.lastname@example.org)
Replacement lamp for projector
Projector Model: PowerLite 1985WU
Lamp Module Part Number: V13H010L77
Replacement bulb for lectern light
Replacement bulb for lectern light
GE F13T5/830 - 13 watts, 21 inches
Design and Installation
The Audio/Video system in Foster Room is designed by Abbas Ahmadi and installed with the help of Frank Sauers and Brandon Nguyen. The funding for this project is provided by a proposal submitted to 'CA&ES Instructional Use of Computer Programs' by Jennifer Ruhe and Abbas Ahmadi. The system is installed on January 15, 2017.