The Projector Control is an Extron MLC 52 IR VC unit, which is installed on the wall next to the podium. This is where you control the LCD projector and volume. Next to the Projector Control is the Screen Control, which can be used to lower and raise the screen . An instruction sheet on how to use the Projector Control and Screen Control is posted on the wall and is also available online. For a diagram of the system cabling and architecture click here.
The podium, in the front of the room, is fitted with a Cable Cubby (black box on top towards the back right), where all the cables for a laptop connection are stored. It contains one power outlet, VGA cable, audio cable, and Ethernet cable.
Built-in Desktop Computer
The podium is fitted with a built-in desktop computer. It is installed on the middle shelf, behind the front door. The computer is a DELL OptiPlex 980 Small Form Factor running under Windows 7 operating system. The Microsoft Office 2007 applications are installed on the computer. There two USB ports on the left edge of the monitor to be used for USB memory thumb drives. Please do NOT shut off the computer after use.
- Computer: DELL OptiPlex 980 Small Form Factor Base Standard PSU
- Processor: Intel Core i5 Dual Core Processor 650 with VT (3.20GHz, 4M)
- Memory 8 GB,Non-ECC,1333MHz DDR3,4X2GB,Dell OptiPlex 980. Upgraded to16 GB on February 24, 2012
- Monitor Dell Professional 1909W,Widescreen,19in Viewable Image Size, EPG,VGA/ DVI,OptiPlex,Precision,Latitude and Enterprise
- Video Card Integrated Video,GMA 4500,Dell OptiPlex 760,960 and 980
- Hard Drive 320GB SATA 3.0Gb/s and 16MB Data Burst Cache,Dell OptiPlex 780. Upgraded to Solid State hard drive on April 30, 2018.
- DVD 8X DVD+/-RW,Slimline,Data Only,OptiPlex 380 Small Form Factor
- Operating System Windows 7, 64-bit version. Upgraded to Windows 10 on April 30, 2018.
- Microsoft Office 2007. Upgraded to Microsoft Office 2016 on April 30, 2018.
The podium is fitted with a DVD/VCR player. It is installed on the bottom shelf, behind the front door. The player is a Sony SLV-D380P DVD/VCR Combo . The remote control is anchored to the player and can be used to operate the player. Please shut off the player after use.
A document camera is a digital overhead projector with a video camera. It projects whatever you have placed on the white space under the camera in real time (it will project both transparencies and plain pieces of paper). It is mounted on a cart next to the podium. The document camera is a WolfVision VZ-8Light3 DeskTop Visualizer
The document camera is hard wired to the built-in computer. Run the Connectivity software to access the document camera from the computer. In this mode, your documents will appears in the Connectivity window on your desktop and can be recorded using the Adobe Connect software.
There is also a USB port in the middle shelf of the doc camera cart which is connected to the desktop computer. You can plug in your USB microphone to this port and then record your lectures using the Adobe Connect software.
The room is also wired for using a camcorder to record lectures using the Adobe Connect software.
The classroom is fitted with a ceiling mounted LCD projector (Optoma X40+). Please shut off the projector after use.
The screen is a Cosmopolitan Electrol Projection Screen - 60x80" - 100" Diagonal - Video Format (4:3 Aspect Ratio) - Matte White Mfr # 40782
If your laptop is configured for DHCP, then you should be able to connect to the campus network. Note that you can access the campus network and not the Animal Science domain. There is no an active telephone line in the classroom.
LCD Projector Maintenance:
Once a year have the projector fan cleaned out. Lamp life is 4,000 hours.
Replacement Lamp for Optima X400+ Projector
Mfg Part No: BL-FP220B
Document Camera Maintenance:
Changing the Lamp
Remove the power cord of the Visualizer
Open the cover screw by using a coin
Turn down the lamp inclusive lamp cover
Change the lamp Place the new lamp very carefully into the socket . CAUTION: LAMP CAN BE HOT!
Mount the lamp cover in reverse order (3 to 1).
Lamp type: High Frequency Lamp 9W at 10'000 h average burning life. WolfVision part no. 100040
Description: Lamp for Portable model VZ 5,7, & 8 series
Cabinet: Clean the cabinet by gently wiping it with a soft, lint free cloth.
Lenses: Clean the lenses by gently wiping with a soft, lint free cloth (do not use a paper tissue!). Clean by breathing on the lens to create moisture then wipe with lint free cloth (If need be, use a special optical cleaner only!).
Never use strong cleaning agents such as acetone or benzene! These substances can damage the surface and the anti-reflex coating!
- 10/01/2010: Lamp is replaced (ANSCI Account)
- 08/02/2013: Lamp is replaced (Meyer Common Space Account)
- 01/17/2017: Lamp is replaced by Brandon Nguyen (ANSCI Account)
- 04/02/2018: The projector died due to problem with color wheel. A refurbished projector is ordered (ANSCI Account).
- 04/09/2018: The refurbished projector was installed by Brandon Nguyen.
- 04/30/2018: The built-in computer was upgraded by Brandon Nguyen.
- 09/01/2018: The refurbished temporary projector died.
- 09/07/2018: The new projector (Optoma X400+) was installed and the Extron MLC 52 was reprogrammed for new projector.
Abbas Ahmadi (752-5886, email@example.com)