The Projector Control is an Extron MLC 52 IR VC unit, which is installed on the wall next to the lectern. This is where you control the LCD projector and volume. Next to the Projector Control is the Screen Control, which can be used to lower and raise the screen . An instruction sheet on how to use the Projector Control and Screen Control is posted on the wall and is also available online. For a diagram of the system cabling and architecture click here.
The lectern, in the front of the room, is fitted with a Cable Cubby (black box on top towards the back right), where all the cables for a laptop connection are stored. It contains one power outlet, VGA cable, and audio cable.
Built-in Desktop Computer
The lectern is fitted with a built-in desktop computer.
The classroom is fitted with a ceiling mounted LCD projector (Optoma X40+). Please shut off the projector after use.
The screen is a Cosmopolitan Electrol Projection Screen - 60x80" - 100" Diagonal - Video Format (4:3 Aspect Ratio) - Matte White Mfr # 40782
Eduroam and campus guest wifi are available.
LCD Projector Maintenance:
Once a year have the projector fan cleaned out. Lamp life is 4,000 hours.
Replacement Lamp for Optima X400+ Projector
Mfg Part No: BL-FP220B
Document Camera Maintenance:
Changing the Lamp
Remove the power cord of the Visualizer
Open the cover screw by using a coin
Turn down the lamp inclusive lamp cover
Change the lamp Place the new lamp very carefully into the socket . CAUTION: LAMP CAN BE HOT!
Mount the lamp cover in reverse order (3 to 1).
Lamp type: High Frequency Lamp 9W at 10'000 h average burning life. WolfVision part no. 100040
Description: Lamp for Portable model VZ 5,7, & 8 series
Cabinet: Clean the cabinet by gently wiping it with a soft, lint free cloth.
Lenses: Clean the lenses by gently wiping with a soft, lint free cloth (do not use a paper tissue!). Clean by breathing on the lens to create moisture then wipe with lint free cloth (If need be, use a special optical cleaner only!).
Never use strong cleaning agents such as acetone or benzene! These substances can damage the surface and the anti-reflex coating!
- 10/01/2010: Lamp is replaced (ANSCI Account)
- 08/02/2013: Lamp is replaced (Meyer Common Space Account)
- 01/17/2017: Lamp is replaced (ANSCI Account)
- 04/02/2018: The projector died due to problem with color wheel. A refurbished projector is ordered (ANSCI Account).
- 04/09/2018: The refurbished projector was installed.
- 04/30/2018: The built-in computer was upgraded.
- 09/01/2018: The refurbished temporary projector died.
- 09/07/2018: The new projector (Optoma X400+) was installed and the Extron MLC 52 was reprogrammed for new projector.