To control the projector, an Amber Pixie IR Control System is installed on the wall next to the podium. Next to the Projector Control, is the Screen Control, which can be used to lower and raise the screen .
The podium, in the front of the room, is fitted with a cable cubby (black box on top towards the back right), where all the cables for a laptop connection are stored. It contains one power outlet, VGA cable, audio cable, and Ethernet cable.
Built-in Desktop Computer
The podium is fitted with a built-in desktop computer. It is installed on the top shelf, behind the front door. The computer is a DELL OptiPlex 960 Small Form Factor with Intel® Core 2 Duo at 3.16 GHz, 8 GB of memory, and 250 GB of disk space, running under Windows 10 operating system (64-bit version). The Microsoft Office 2016 applications are installed on the computer.
- Processor: Intel® Core 2 Duo at 3,16 GHz
- Memory: 8 GB
- Hard Drive: 250 GB SSD
- Optical Drive: DVD/CD
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64 bit version)
- Network Devices: RJ-45 Integrated 10/100 LAN
- Audio: Integrated Sound with microphone and Headphone Jack
- Video: Integrated Video with VGA Port
There is no DVD/VCR player in this room, but you can use the DVD drive of the built-in computer to play DVD.
There is no document Camera in this room.
This room is fitted with a ceiling mounted LCD projector. The projector is a Mitsubishi XD490U unit. Please shut off the projector after use.
The screen is a Cosmopolitan Electrol Projection Screen - 60x80" - 100" Diagonal - Video Format (4:3 Aspect Ratio) - Matte White Mfr # 40782
If your laptop is configured for DHCP, then you should be able to connect to the Department network.
VoIP Phone Port
Users may connect a campus VoIP phone to port #746829 on the west wall. The phone number for the Animal Science Checkout VoIP conference phone is 530-754-4908.
LCD Projector Maintenance:
Once a year have the projector fan cleaned out. Lamp life is 4,000 hours.
Description: Replacement Lamp for Mitsubishi XD490U Projector
Lamp ID: VLT-XD400LP
- 04/14/2004: The projector lamp was replaced with a new one.
- 01/25/2017: The hard drive is replaced by a 250 GB Solid State Drive, the memory is increased to 8 GB, the operating system is upgarded to Windows 10, and the Office software is upgarded to Office 2016.
- 07/3/2017: The projector failed and it was replaced by a spare projector with the same make and model.
Abbas Ahmadi (752-5886, email@example.com)