NEWS & EVENTS
- The Horse Barn is hosting the annual production sale tomorrow, an event that supports the UC Davis Equine Teaching Program! Complimentary beer and wine sponsored by the Cal Aggie Alumni Association, CAES Dean’s Office and Sudwerk will kick off the sale preview on Saturday, June 23, 2018 at 3:30pm, the Barbecue starts at 4:30pm and the auction begins at 6:00pm. Info & online catalog:
- The Animal Biology Graduate Group and Avian Sciences Graduate Group have new websites! Thanks to Jason Vo and Jennie Buse for all their hard work on the new sites, to Romeo Capell for designing new logos, and to all the students and faculty who sent in photos for the sites.
- Yanhong Liu, Annie King, Cynthia Jinno and Yijie He published “Enzymatic digestion turns food waste into feed for growing pigs” in Animal Feed Science and Technology.[Link]
OUTREACH & TRAVEL
- Cassandra Tucker gave the keynote presentation at the International Beef Cattle Welfare Symposium in Calgary, Canada, titled “Animal welfare: beyond health and injury”.
- At the request of the California State Veterinarian, Francine Bradley attended the Virulent Newcastle Disease (VND) Meeting in Ontario, CA with Incident Command Leads for both CDFA & USDA, epidemiologists, virologists and commercial egg operators from San Bernardino, San Diego, and Riverside Counties.
- Cassandra Tucker presented “BRD and illness behavior” at the University of Calgary Veterinary Medicine Beef Cattle Conference.
- Graduate students Emily Andreini, Maci Mueller, Sarah Klopatek and undergrad Sheyenne Augenstein attended the 2018 Western Section of the American Society of Animal Science (WSASAS) Beef Symposium in Bend, OR.