NEWS & EVENTS
- HAPPY NEW YEAR!! Hopefully everyone had a wonderful holiday season. Now classes are back in full swing. Have a great quarter!
- Goat Day — January 25th!
- Alexa Tijerino has joined the CLEAR Center as a social media specialist. Previously, she worked in Strategic Communications on the Web and Digital Communications team and on the UC Davis podcast Unfold.
- Amy Mclean was interviewed and quoted in an article in “The Horse”, “6 Ways to Change a Horse’s Life This Holiday Season” and can be found here: https://thehorse.com/182659/6-ways-to-change-a-horses-life-this-holiday-season/?utm_medium=Behavior+enews&utm_source=Newsletter
- Juan Medrano co-authored “Genome-wide association studies of beef cow terrain-use traits using Bayesian multiple-SNP regression” in Livestock Science Livestock Science, Volume 232, February 2020, Article 103900
- Andrea Schreier co-authored a paper that is in Environmental Biology of Fishes entitled “Further Evidence for lower Columbia River green sturgeon spawning”. It can be found here: https://link.springer.com/content/pdf/10.1007%2Fs10641-019-00945-9.pdf
OUTREACH & TRAVEL
- Dietmar Kueltz and his Grad Student John Li, presented and participated in the “Building Bridges Genomes to Phenomes” symposium at The Society for Integrative & Comparative Biology Annual Meeting in Austin, TX
- Genomic Variation Laboratory undergraduate intern Shayan Kaveh was one of five seniors featured in an article in UC Davis Magazine about research internships. Shayan describes the projects he is working on with us and how working in the GVL has prepared him for graduate school. A link to the article is below: