Clint Jewett was born at Twin Falls, Idaho. He moved to California as a young man and attended Lodi High School where he evidenced outstanding interest in animal husbandry, athletics, and school activities. Both he and his brother, Lindsay, attended UC Davis, majoring in Animal Husbandry.
Among his many activities and honors at College were the following: Pacific Coast Intercollegiate Featherweight Champion in 1931; Executive Committee, Picnic Day Committee, livestock judging team (team championship at Portland) in 1932; captain of the boxing team, student body president, and winner of the Lindley Trophy for scholarship, athletic ability, and extracurricular activities in 1933. Clint graduated in 1934. He then worked at the Union stockyards and for Tryon Wool Company in San Francisco. He boxed in the Golden Gloves Olympic Boxing competition.
Later Clint became the first cow tester working out of the Sacramento office, using a centrifuge for sample testing in his future mother-in-law's basement. He served in the Agricultural Extension Service from 1936 to 1945 in Sonoma County, where he was the first to start 4-H carcass classes. He was also Livestock Farm Advisor for the county during this period.
Clint moved to Williams in 1945 to engage in farming, including ladino clover seed, rice, and sheep production. To the sheep industry of the state, Clint was a constant source of leadership. He served for many years as member of statewide committees on preditors, animal health, breed improvement, and similar activities. He was extremely active as an officer and member of the Colusa County branch of the California Wool Growers Association. "Little Red", as he was known at the University, was an outstanding citizen, community and state leader, and active member of a large number of social, service, and producer organizations. He was particularly respected for his long continued interest and service to young people in 4-H and FFA.